“No HOA Lakefront Homes” in Northeastern PA
Many people search for lakefront homes that has no HOA. Finding one is easier said than done! Most of the lakefront homes for sale, including those on Lake Wallenpaupack, are in some kind of HOA.
Many lakes are within homeowner communities (HOAs, or homeowner associations). I understand that many homeowners wish to be free of the burdens of being in an HOA. However, there are important things to consider that may not seem obvious up front.
Food for Thought for No HOA Lakefront Homes
1. Someone has to maintain the lake. If not the HOA, then who?
2. Someone has to maintain the dam. If not the HOA, then who? If the dam fails and needs to be replaced, it will be very expensive.
3. Someone needs to maintain the roads, if there are private roads.
Furthermore, an HOA or lake community creates up rules to protect the lake and individual property values.
Pros and Cons of No HOA / No Community:
1. Pro: Nobody can tell you what you can and cannot do with your property.
2. Pro: No annual dues to pay to an HOA or community.
3. Con: No rules means your neighbors can also do what they want.
4. Con: No dues also means no money in reserve to address lake issues.
A Few Articles About HOAs:
Finding The Perfect Lakefront Home
Finally, you must decide: will the pros outweigh the cons? Whatever you decide, I’m here to help you find the perfect lakefront home, HOA or no HOA. Most lakefront homes in Pike and Wayne County PA are in some sort of an HOA. While some lakefront communities are larger and more robust, some are smaller and more low-key. I can take you to them all!
CLICK HERE to search the “No HOA Lakefront Homes” available in Pike County and Wayne County. Additionally, some homes shown below may be in other parts of Northeastern PA / Northern Pocono Lakes Region.
Preview No HOA Lakefront Homes for Sale:
955 Lake Wallenpaupack Rd Greentown, Pennsylvania
8 Beds 3.5 Baths 6,000 SqFt 1.630 Acres